Thursday, November 10, 2011

Feeling Happy vs. Having Joy

I have recently come to the realization that there is a definite difference between feeling happy and having joy. While both are great and positive things,one is permanent and one is temporary. At first I found this thought rather challenging, but the more I think about it, the more I can accept it and be quite satisfied with the idea. I love the feelings of happiness, but they come and go. It is comforting to know that even in my times of sadness I can find joy. I am a daughter of the Most High, and this fact should ALWAYS give me joy. I may not always FEEL joy but the fact that my Heavenly Father has paid the price for me and saved my undeserving soul is surely something to HAVE joy over. I think that as humans, we get caught up in emotions and feeling much too easily. I certainly do, I mean I'm a single female in my 20s, and on top of that I battle PMS every 4 weeks! This is a huge reason why I need God and rely on God. If it wasn't for Him, my feelings would get the best of me. I'm so thankful I have somewhere to turn to and dump my feelings. Thank you Jesus!!! "...the joy of the Lord is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment