Saturday, December 24, 2011

Mele Kalikimaka!

It's Christmas Eve here on the Big Island, and I found myself quite lonely earlier today. I even started to pity myself. Then I was hit with a huge reminder of what this holiday is all about. I walked to the beach where I found a lovely palm tree to lean against and relax. As the sun slipped away below the horizon, the sky lit up with magnificent colors! The sunsets are always nice here in Hawaii, but this one seemed a little extra special. Then, as the sky darkened only one star became visible, and it was so so so bright. Okay, so it may have been a planet. But it made me think about the first Christmas night, how they followed the star to find Jesus in the manger. I am just overcome at the gift that was then, is still today, and will be forever! He came for me, I'm not alone! I am not lonely, I have no reason to pity myself. My daddy in Heaven sent the best gift that I get to have every single day. And it's not just mine, it's a gift for you too. And everyone on this planet. I pray that in my lifetime, every person would hear of this gift and be given a chance to receive it. I am so thankful for the love God has for us. I am overcome with joy!! It's a beautiful Christmas on the island. Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas) to all my friends and family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment