Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hope in a Generation



Every day that I am here, I am falling more and more in love with this place. God speaks to me so much about the people of Cambodia. It is so exciting. I'm stoked beyond measure for the future of this nation. Last week, my team went on a prayer walk through the city of Battambang. Since that day, my eyes have been opened up to the amount of hope here. A lot of evil has been allowed in and welcomed in this land. Darkness has penetrated through so deeply, yet at the same time God is present here. He has always been present here, He has never left, He has just been ignored. This means there is still hope for the Khmer (Cambodian) people! God speaks to me and tells me He has already begun moving here and in this next generation. Before, I had this idea that it was coming, something was coming; just around the corner is something big. But now I have encouragement knowing it's not just coming, it's already started. I am excited to be here in the middle of it. I totally expect to see full out revival in Cambodia in the near future. This land needs to be, must be, reclaimed in the name of Jesus. He is bigger and mightier than all of the demonic presence here. There is a unique situation here in Cambodia. I've mentioned in a previous post that there was recently a mass genocide. Because of that, the country is very young. 80% of the population is under the age of 30 years old. This young generation is hungry for truth. They are hungry enough for it that they will receive it, it will spread throughout the nation, and this country that is 93% Buddhist will become a Christian nation. I say this with complete faith that it will happen. It won't, however, happen without prayer and hard work. God keeps giving me the word HOPE for Cambodia. I see so much hope in the young people here. It gives me chills to think about it. Please keep the young people of this nation in your prayers.

I see these young faces, and I see hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment